Sunday 21 March 2010

One step forward, two steps back.

After the reasonable high spirits of earlier in the week, things started to go south on Wednesday, including a hardware failure on my faithful laptop, hence no Blog postings. Sorry about that but computer said NO.

It was a difficult session of counselling on Wednesday afternoon, followed by the frustration of laptop failure and then a couple of bits of bad news on Thursday, which I wont share as they affect other people more then me. By Friday I was feeling pretty low.

Despite this setback, the momentum for the progress I have made over the past couple of months spurred me on to raise my own spirits again. I went and collected the 35mm film I had put in for processing, the first I have used in about 15 years. Photographs I had taken with my granddad’s Olympus OM10. A wonderful old camera which I took a bit of time to clean up, replace the battery, load with a new film and find out how to use.

Without the prints to flip through when I picked it up; I had only asked for the film to be processed not printed; I was quite excited to see what images it had captured. I have a negative scanner in my collection of photographic equipment and I spent about an hour Friday night scanning the images and then editing the couple of images I liked. They were only fairly boring test shots taken out and about in Bexhill, but I found the camera nice and easy to use and the images were clear and quite pleasing, if some what boring. Definitely worth using on a more regular basis. The next film I have to load in it is a black and white film, which I can then process myself at college on my photography course. Something new for me to try.

Most of yesterday was taken up with getting a replacement laptop and setting it up the way I wanted it. All the software and hardware I use; the links to favourite websites, including this one are now installed and working and I am back in business.

I have finished the week at pretty much the same place I started, so things can't be that bad.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment