Thursday 10 March 2011

New Goals

I have been rather quiet on the blog front recently. This is partly because I hate the winter; I want to hibernate and partly because I am embarking on a new career path. I have been given the opportunity to teach computer basics to adults and I have been really enjoying it. It is taking up quite a bit of my free time but it makes such a wonderful change to be able to show people how wonder the technology can be rather fixing a computer which is not working the way it should.

I have also finished my counseling sessions. I have dredged up all of my issues, dealt with the ones I could, resolved some of them and ring fenced and put a positive spin on the rest. By this I mean I have looked at the negative parts of my life and focused on the positives I have drawn from these events.

For the most part I am in a pretty good place at the moment. The dark clouds are there but they have parted, the sun is shining on me and I am happy.

1 comment:

  1. Until you started teaching me Computer Basics I could not know the most basic of things. I couldn't email do attachment or even think of the Internet. It must be very difficult to try and teach elderly students who are in there late 70's to 80's. You should be very proud of yourself for all the pleasure you have given through you teaching. I think you are a Great Teacher and hope you will continue in this new career. From a very greatful mature student.

    ReplyDelete