Saturday 6 November 2010

Laughter and smiles

It is a year today since my life came crashing to a stop, when I finally realized that I could not cope. From the almost catatonic state, through manic highs, terrible lows and back to the calm and happy state I am today.

Since my last entry, I have completely stopped taking the anti depressants. So my emotions are now my own and not propped up by pills. This has caused a few ups and down, but I am coping and I am back in control.

I have also celebrated what should have been my brother's 40th birthday. A happy time, but I still miss him, loads.

My photography and drawings have really helped me through this bad time, as have my loving and supportive family and friends. My drawings helping me to visualize, express and understand my thoughts and feelings; and my friends and family reminding me that I am not alone even when I felt I was.

The laughter and smiles have definitely returned, but I know I don't have to hide from the darker emotions, as I can deal with them again.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment